Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pet Peeve #1

As you can probably guess, the fact that I even started this Crusade, and the blog to go along with it, is because I have lots of pet peeves about drivers here in South Florida. Or anywhere, really, because they are everywhere that I've ever driven.

But the past couple of days have been full of my Number One Pet Peeve, and so I thought I'd share. And that is:

Drivers who think their time is more valuable than mine is or anyone else's.

You know the types. Either they are zipping in and out between cars, changing lanes repeatedly, riding people's bumpers, as if they can make everyone go faster. I HATE that. 

I think the ones I hate the worst, however, are the ones that jump into the merge lane just so they can move up 4-5 car lengths in rush hour traffic. I HATE these people. I know you're not supposed to hate anyone, but this is in a figurative sense, of course. 

What they don't think about is that *they* are the ones holding up the lane because we all have to slow down to let *more* cars merge. They are the ones causing the problem!

Yes, I get it, it's rush hour. If you are really going to be *that* late, guess what - you should have left your house earlier. Unless you or your wife is having a baby, no one needs to be that stinkin' rude. Just don't, and I won't hear a single excuse other than bleeding profusely or the imminent arrival of a baby. Do you really love your job *that* much that you have to be a huge jerk to the rest of us?

I think not. 

There are other ways this sort of behavior manifests itself. And I'll be honest, if I can do it, I don't let those jerks in if I see them darting out of the traffic to try to merge ahead. It's bad, but there it is.

So - I think that's about top of my list of things that tick me right off. What's yours?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment